Labourers' Pension Fund of Central and Eastern Canada

Text Size

Decrease Increase


How To Apply for Your Pension

A pension from the Labourers' Pension Fund is not automatic; you must apply by sending a pension application to the Fund office.

How to Apply

  • log into AccessLPF and use our online pension application service (if you don’t have your LPF Member ID Number in order to log into AccessLPF please contact the Pension Office immediately)
  • download a paper application from this site by clicking here
  • contact the LPF to request a paper copy.

You are required to provide the Fund office with the following documentation in addition to your application:

  • a certified copy of proof of your age, i.e. driver’s license, valid passport, birth certificate
  • a certified copy of proof of your Spouse's age (if applicable), i.e. driver’s license, valid passport, birth certificate
  • a certified copy of proof of marriage (if applicable), i.e. marriage certificate
  • if you are Separated or Divorced, we require a certified copy of the separation agreement, matrimonial property order or divorce order
  • a proof of death certificate is required for a spouse's or Survivor's Pension


Effective January 1, 2013, in order to qualify for a Disability Pension you will be required to provide proof that you have been approved for a disability pension from Canada Pension Plan or the Quebec Pension Plan. We require a certified copy of your disability Notice of Entitlement from CPP or QPP or a letter issued by CPP or QPP stating the date you became disabled, the effective date of your disability pension and if you are currently receiving disability benefits.

Application Process

You should file your application at least one month before your intended retirement date. The Fund office will confirm receipt of your application. If all required documents are properly completed when filed, processing may take between 1 to 2 months. However, if any of the forms in the application are improperly completed, not signed or not witnessed and must be returned for correction, processing will be delayed. In addition, if additional information is required from outside sources such as The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), in the case of a work-related accident; Service Canada (formerly HRDC) to verify Past Service employment; your physician, in case of a Disability Pension, your application could take from 3 to 6 months to be processed.

Once your Application is ready to be processed, you will receive an Option Election Package outlining the Options available to you. You must then select your Option and return the Option Form and any other required documents to the Fund Office.

About Certified Copies

With your application, you are required to provide certain documents, such as birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates, etc. If you bring your original documents into our office, our staff will photocopy the original documents. If you decide to mail your original documents, you should send them by "registered mail". They will be returned to you by "registered mail."


We can only accept a photocopy if it is readable, and "certified as a true copy of the original." Please write your LPF Member ID Number or your File/Application Number on the photocopy. If those are unknown, please contact our office. To protect your privacy, you should avoid using your social insurance number.

Persons who certify photocopies, have to compare the original documents to the photocopy, and provide the following information:

  • their official position or title
  • their telephone number
  • include the date the documents were certified, and
  • sign and print their name.

They must write on the photocopy, "This photocopy is a true copy of the original document which has not been altered in any way."

The following persons can certify your photocopy:

  • an Accountant
  • a Chiropractor
  • a Commissioner of Oaths
  • a Dentist or a Doctor of Medicine
  • an Employer of a Federal or Provincial Department, or one of its agencies
  • a Funeral Director
  • a Justice of the Peace
  • a Lawyer
  • a Magistrate
  • a Manager of a Financial Institution
  • a Member of a Provincial Legislature (or their staff)
  • a Member of Parliament (or their staff)
  • a Minister of Religion
  • a Municipal Clerk
  • a Notary
  • an Official of a country with which Canada has a reciprocal Social Security Agreement
  • an Official of an Embassy, Consulate or High Commission
  • a Pharmacist
  • a Police Officer
  • a Postmaster
  • a Professional Engineer
  • a Social Worker
  • a Teacher

Documents certified by a relative or yourself, will NOT be accepted.

» Back to Top